The NCAA continues to closely monitor COVID-19 and is taking proactive measures to mitigate the impact of the virus. All NCAA championship or other postseason contests will be conducted within enhanced safety protocols for student-athletes and essential athletics personnel. Further details will be shared as they become available.
Why are the CWS tickets going to all mobile?
The NCAA, CWS, Inc., and MECA have adopted mobile entry for the health and safety of all CWS fans. Mobile tickets also are the safest and most convenient way to receive and manage tickets while increasing protection against fraud. Mobile tickets provide the following benefits:
- Quick and easy entry into the venue using your smartphone.
- The ability to manage, transfer or sell your tickets at any time.
- Reduced risk of lost, stolen, counterfeit or forgotten tickets.
- An easy way to go green by printing less paper.
Do I have to participate in mobile tickets?
Yes. All tickets for the CWS will be mobile tickets.
I don’t have an email address and/or I don’t have a computer or smartphone. How do I get my tickets?
If you don’t have a computer or smartphone, or are unable to use mobile tickets for other reasons (no email address), we can work with you to gain access to your tickets on a case-by-case basis.
Do I have to renew my season tickets now if we don’t know if there will be a CWS in 2021 or if it will have fans?
- Season ticket renewals have been delayed until after the first of the year to allow more time to monitor the situation surrounding the COVID pandemic response. The timeline for submitting payment for season tickets is still to be determined.
- During the renewal process, you will have the option of a one-year “opt out” of your season ticket renewal. No payments would be needed for the 2021 CWS. Season ticket holders electing to opt-out for the 2021 season will retain their same seating location for the 2022 CWS, along with their years of seniority.
What if the stadium cannot be at full capacity?
1. Will I get a refund on my season ticket payment?
If it is determined that the stadium cannot be at full capacity for the CWS after season tickets have been renewed, you will have option to roll over your renewal payment to the 2022 Championship or receive refund.
2. How will any available tickets be allocated?
If the stadium cannot be at full capacity, any available tickets and the distribution of those tickets will be determined once the capacity is finalized.
I keep my tickets as souvenirs. Is there an option to get a souvenir ticket?
We are looking into options for souvenir tickets and we will update you when those details come available.
Some of my family goes to the CWS using general admission (GA) tickets. Will there be any changes there?
Like season tickets, GA tickets also will be mobile. (There has been a mobile GA ticket option for the past couple years.) GA tickets currently are not available for purchase. The number of fans allowed into the GA sections will be determined at a later date. For CWS ticket information, please visit NCAA.com/CWSTickets.
We also have club seats. Are they being handled the same way?
Is it possible to transfer mobile tickets? If so, how?
Yes. Mobile tickets can be transferred to other fans either on a computer or a smartphone. More detailed information on the transfer process will be available once the season ticket renewals begin.
How will season ticket holder parking passes work?
Details on season parking are still being finalized. We will update you when we have more details.
We tailgate. Will that be allowed in the parking lots?
At this time, a decision on tailgating in the TD Ameritrade Park Omaha parking lots for the 2021 CWS has not been finalized. We will provide updates when they are available.
For more information regarding the COVID-19 precautions at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, please click HERE.
As the planning evolves for the 2021 CWS, we will be in contact with you with updates. We will use email as our primary source of communication. If you need to reach us, you may either send us an email at email@example.com, or you also may call us, year-round, at 402-554-4422.