College World Series of Omaha, Inc. (CWS, Inc.) is seeking an enthusiastic individual for a Videographer/Digital Media Content Internship for the summer of 2021. CWS, Inc., the local organizing committee of the College World Series, is a non-profit organization incorporated in 1967. The mission of its all-volunteer Board of Directors is to enlist community support for the College World Series from business, government, civic organizations, and individuals.
This is a new internship opportunity for college students and recent graduates to help gain working experience in this field. The 2021 NCAA® Men’s College World Series® will be June 19-29/30, with the Opening Celebration Day being held on Friday, June 18 (please note, dates are subject to change).
Printable Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities: (This position starts late-May and ends mid/late July depending on event dates)
- Work with CWS, Inc. staff to establish goals and tone-of-voice for the 2021 CWS.
- Assists in strategizing, scheduling, and implementing a social media calendar.
- Assists in the creation of video, written and graphic content for use on the CWS Omaha digital and social media platforms.
- Produces and edits videos and photos highlighting the excitement leading up to and during the College World Series.
- Assists with graphic creation and other digital marketing content and messaging leading up to and during the event.
- Monitors and engages communication with fans across social media platforms in real time.
- Identifies and monitors keywords on social for additional engagement opportunities.
- Provides regular reporting on insights and analytics for each platform to optimize for effectiveness; identifying areas of opportunity to increase engagement and awareness.
- Works with CWS, Inc., NCAA, and Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority (MECA, stadium management) for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Organizing and archiving photos and videos throughout the 2021 College World Series for use by CWS, Inc., NCAA, Bozell, and/or MECA.
- Assist CWS, Inc. staff and CWS spring intern with other duties, as assigned.
- A degree in marketing, communications, social media, or a related field plus relevant on-the-job social media experience.
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Knowledge of video editing software and production with strong editing skills.
- Graphic design experience.
- Strong creativity skills (contribute ideas and different perspective for content).
- Knowledge of the game of baseball and/or working other sporting events
- Ability to adapt and work as a team under tight deadlines.
The selected applicant will be paid based on hours worked, as commensurate with Nebraska minimum wage.
You will be required to relocate to Omaha, NE for the duration of the internship. (May-June) Room and board are not offered as part of the position, the CWS, Inc., staff can work with the selected applicant to find housing if necessary.