College World Series of Omaha, Inc., seeks Project Coordinator
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director, CWS of Omaha, Inc.
Date: January 9, 2019
This position will understudy the roles of manager of marketing and events, manager of ticketing and senior project coordinator with the goal of, over time, becoming proficient in skills required in these positions. Employee will coordinate some volunteer activities related to the College World Series and will have responsibility for specific events. Assist with College World Series, Inc. (CWS, Inc.) social media and website communications.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing initiatives.
- Plan, execute and oversee on-site events as assigned.
- Assist with social media and updating information on CWS, Inc., website.
- Coordinate many aspects of CWS event-related volunteers, including interns.
- Set up and manage meetings. This includes official records such as taking minutes.
- Assist with the assembly and distribution of season ticket mailings.
- Responsible for some administration such as answering the telephone, LiveChat, accepting deliveries, sorting mail and filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and/or Qualifications (not limited to):
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the telephone and to adapt communication strategies to suit a variety of audiences such as the general public, season ticket holders, event staff, NCAA staff and CWS, Inc., board of directors.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing (examples: email memoranda, meeting minutes, LiveChat and responses to the “info” questions on CWSOmaha.com website). This requires editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Good organizational skills, responds quickly, sees projects to completion and on time.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, familiarity with Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Some experience in Adobe Creative Suite is desirable or a willingness to learn.
- Provides good customer service in difficult situations by seeking prompt and positive resolutions.
- Focuses on solving conflict by listening to others without interrupting, keeping emotions under control, being open to others’ ideas and trying new things. Maintains confidentiality when appropriate.
- Demonstrates business acumen by understanding the business implications of decisions with an orientation to profitability. Works within approved budgets, conserves organizational resources and looks for cost-saving measures.
- Demonstrates dependability by following instructions, taking responsibility for own actions, keeping commitments and notifying appropriate person if an alternate plan is needed. Is consistently on time at work, at meetings and at appointments and ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, includes appropriate people in decision-making process and makes timely decisions. Responds well to questions and directions.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration of their position or status.
- Inspires trust of others by working with integrity and ethically. Upholds CWS, Inc.’s organizational values.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural and other differences. Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours (including nights, weekends and holidays) leading up to, during and shortly after the NCAA Men’s College World Series.
- Ability to be physically active (standing, walking, stair climbing, occasionally lifting of boxes up to 40 lbs.) in both indoor and outdoor environments, in Omaha, Nebraska, summer weather.
- The physical demands and flexibility described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations can be made for those with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year college degree (sports marketing or related field preferred)
- Successfully completed internship (sports related preferred) or comparable work experience.
CWS, Inc. offers medical insurance and a Paid Time Off (PTO) program. An employee-only (no employer match) retirement savings plan is available.